NEWS & INSIGHTS
COVID-19 Update: Infection Prevention and Control
Our infection control procedures have always been a top priority at MyHealth Centre. We take great pride in ensuring our patients feel safe and comfortable in our clinics, so we have implemented extensive proactive measures in our clinics to help stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) while continuing to deliver the highest level of patient care that you expect.
- Cleaning & Disinfection – Our clinics are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day as a normal course of business. Our cleaning staff have increased the concentration of their disinfection solutions and frequency of disinfection processes. Our staff routinely practice touch surface cleaning and wipe all surfaces in our exam rooms between every patient, as well as other surfaces throughout the clinic.
- Face Masks & Hand Hygiene – Patients, visitors, and staff are required to wear face masks provided by MyHealth Centre and exercise proper hand hygiene. As an accredited facility, hand hygiene is one of the base requirements for the daily operations and success of our clinics. Hand washing audits are conducted on a monthly basis and compliance is monitored regularly. Washing hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands. Hand rub has been made available throughout each of our sites for use by our staff and patients.
- Physical Distancing – We proactively ask our staff to avoid shaking hands and practice physical distancing. Waiting areas have been set up to promote physical distancing for our patients. We have also implemented cardiology consultations and follow-up appointments by telephone.
- Patient Screening – All patients will be screened at each point of contact. Patients can expect to be screened when booking appointments, during appointment confirmation, upon arrival at the clinic and before any procedure is performed. This multi-point process will ensure that both staff and patients in the clinic are safe and healthy to help reduce the spread of the virus. Patients can also expect to have their temperature taken (touchless) upon arrival at the clinic as an additional safety measure.
- Staff Screening – As part of our efforts to limit the spread of the virus, we screen our staff before the start of their shift on a daily basis, including touchless temperature checks. Temperatures are taken twice per day and logged to ensure there are no significant changes throughout the day. If any symptoms are present, staff are asked to stay home.
If you are concerned you may have been exposed to, or if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus), please contact your primary healthcare provider or call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
For current and reliable information about COVID-19 (coronavirus), please refer to the following resources: