NEWS & INSIGHTS
COVID-19 Update: Masks, Patient Screening Precautions, and IPAC
Masks and Face Coverings:
As an accredited healthcare provider, we recommend patients and staff wear a mask in our clinics. However, as of June 11, 2022, in accordance with the guidelines of Public Health Ontario and Ministry of Health, you are no longer required to wear a mask in healthcare settings. For details, please click here.
Patient Screening Precautions:
As of June 11, 2022, in accordance with the guidelines of Public Health Ontario and the Ministry of Health, we will no longer screen patients prior to their appointment or upon their arrival.
- We ask that patients self-screen prior to their appointment. For health and safety precautions, if a patient arrives with symptoms, they will be asked to wear a mask.
- If you are experiencing cold or ﬂu-like symptoms, such as cough, shortness of breath and/or fever, please reschedule your appointment for a minimum 14 days after your symptoms subside.
- If you are concerned you may have been exposed to, or if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact your primary healthcare provider or call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
Infection Prevention and Control:
Our infection prevention and control procedures have always been a top priority at MyHealth Centre. We take great pride in ensuring our patients feel safe and comfortable in our clinics, so we have implemented extensive measures in our clinics to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 while continuing to deliver the highest level of patient care that you expect.
- Cleaning and Disinfection: Our clinics are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day as a normal course of business. Our cleaning staff have increased the concentration of their disinfection solutions and frequency of disinfection processes. Our staff routinely practice touch-surface cleaning and wipe all surfaces in our exam rooms between every appointment, as well as other surfaces throughout the clinic.
- Hand Hygiene: Patients, visitors, and staff are required to exercise proper hand hygiene. Hand hygiene is one of the base requirements for the daily operations and success of our clinics. Hand washing audits are conducted on a monthly basis and compliance is monitored regularly. Washing hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands. Hand rub has been made available throughout each of our sites for use by our staff and patients.
- Physical Distancing: We ask our staff to avoid shaking hands and practice physical distancing. Waiting areas have been set-up to promote physical distancing for our patients. We have also implemented cardiology consultations and follow-up appointments by telephone.
If you are concerned you may have been exposed to, or if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact your primary healthcare provider or call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
For current and reliable information about COVID-19, please refer to the following resources: