NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Patient may have a light breakfast/lunch (e.g. toast, jam, fruit, juice, water) but do not eat anything for 1 hour before your test.
- Discontinue all caffeine products for 24 hours before your test. This includes all tea/coffee, decaffeinated tea/coffee, pop, chocolate, Tylenol 2 & 3 and/or medications containing caffeine.
- Insulin-dependent diabetics should take their insulin and eat a light meal 1 hour before the test.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing (e.g. t-shirt, track pants, athletic shoes, etc.).
- Bring a list of all your current medicati Check with your physician regarding the discontinuation of any heart medications (e.g. Beta-Blockers, such as Metroprolol or Atenolol, as well as Calcium Channel Blockers, such as Diltiazem or Verapamil).
- Do not take erectile dysfunction medications (e.g. Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, etc.) for 48 hours before your test.
MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION IMAGING consists of 2 parts:
- Rest Study – Takes approximately 1.5-2 hours and consists of an injection followed by imaging.
- Stress Study – Takes approximately 2-2.5 hours and consists of a stress test, injection and imaging.