A mammogram is a low dose X-ray screening that plays an essential role in the early detection of breast cancer. These screenings detect breast cancers when they are small, less likely to have metastasized to the lymph nodes, and more likely to be successfully treated with surgery and without chemotherapy.
The Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) is a province-wide program that provides high-quality, OHIP-covered breast screening mammography services at more than 200 health facilities accredited by the Canadian Association of Radiologists, including MyHealth Centre.
The OBSP recommends annual breast screenings for women ages 30-69 who are conﬁrmed by their doctor or nurse practitioner to be at high risk for breast cancer. Breast screenings are also recommended every two years for women ages 50-74 who are at average risk for breast cancer and have:
- No acute breast symptoms.
- No personal history of breast cancer.
- No current breast implants.
- Not had a mammogram within the past 11 months.
If you’re between the age of 50-74: Click here to book your 20 minute, OHIP-covered breast screening. No doctor referral required.
Please note: Starting fall 2024, the Ontario government will lower the eligible age for self-referred breast screenings from 50 to 40. This means women ages 40-49, in addition to women ages 50-74, will be able to book their OHIP-covered breast screening without a doctor’s referral.
EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES.
- Our OHIP-covered breast screenings take just 20 minutes.
- No doctor referral required for women ages 50-74 who are at average risk of breast cancer.
- You’ll receive a reminder letter of when to return for your next mammogram – usually every two years.
- We’ll provide assistance in setting-up further testing or referrals, if needed.
- Tell your friends and relatives and book your appointment today!
Source: Cancer Care Ontario
- London Fanshawe
- London Wharncliffe Imaging
- Milton Imaging
- Mississauga Imaging
- Newmarket Imaging
- North York
- Sudbury Larch Imaging
I had a fantastic experience. They were right on time for my appointment and Aimee who did my mammogram was amazing. She explained everything very clearly and was very professional. The clinic is clean and bright and very private. Thank you.
– LEE L.